We live in an increasingly bizarre world where wrong is deemed right, and law-abiding citizens are treated like criminals.
Marco Mendicino, Canada’s latest Public Safety Minister, boasted this nonsense on Twitter:
“This is a government that is prepared to take the steps that are necessary. We’ve already put into place additional restrictions and prohibitions on assault-style guns. We banned 1,500 of them and we’re prepared to do more. We need to do more.”
If only a Liberal saying “doing more” meant taking illegal guns out of the hands of violent criminals. Alas, it does not.
It means more restrictions on Canadians who obey the law while ignoring drug dealers, gang members and a variety of other criminals who shoot up downtown Toronto nightly with illegal handguns often smuggled into Canada.
It means reducing prison time for these firearm offences:
- Robbery with a firearm
- Extortion with a firearm
- Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of firearm or weapon knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of weapon obtained by commission of offence
- Weapons trafficking (excluding firearms and ammunition)
- Discharging firearm with intent
- Discharging firearm — recklessness
It was laughable to watch Minister Mendicino defend this stupidity during the December 16th SECU Committee Meeting.
No, in the land of All Things Liberal, licensed gun owners are the evil scourge to be removed from society, not the degenerates shooting up our cities with no concern for who they kill or who gets caught in the crossfire.
Firearm Prohibition Order Violators
Instead of focusing on P.A.L. holders, our Public Safety Minister ought to pay attention to the never-ending stream of Firearm Prohibition Order violators.
- From December 1 to December 20, 2021, 48 repeat violent offenders charged with 111 counts of violating an existing Firearm Prohibition Order and a litany of other serious crimes.
And we’re only one third of the way through December. Details on these repeat offenders is available on my Firearm Prohibition Order Violators tracking page.
Criminal Violence News
This is a sampling of the shootings reported so far this month.
December 1, 2021
December 2, 2021
- Early morning shooting in Winnipeg’s West End leaves man in hospital
- Youth in custody after bringing pellet gun to local high school
December 3, 2021
December 5, 2021
- Attempted murder charges following overnight stabbing in Vaughan
- Brampton shooting sends 2 people to hospital in life-threatening condition
December 7, 2021
December 8, 2021
December 9, 2021
- Three youth in custody after replica firearm sends Brampton school into lockdown: police
- Victim of Surrey shooting not co-operating with investigation: RCMP
December 10, 2021
December 12, 2021
December 14, 2021
- Teen taken to hospital after shooting in Junction Triangle
- Toronto police identify victim in Scarborough nightclub shooting
December 16, 2021
December 17, 2021