Today’s commentary discusses an issue Public Safety Minister Bill Blair won’t touch with a proverbial ten foot poll – removing illegal guns from the hands of violent criminals.
Minister Blair is too busy spinning lies in Parliament to deal with the very real menaces who walk our streets with impunity despite being subject to a Firearm Prohibition Order.
Last month, three men wearing masks armed with guns and a knife, entered the bank in Drumbo demanding cash. Today four people have been arrested in relation to armed robberies in Toronto, Waterloo and Drumbo.
The Toronto Police Squad launched a joint investigation with the WRPS and the Oxford OPP and have now arrested four people.
18 year old Sharoze Raya of Kitchener, 18 year old Ismael Isse of Kitchener, 22 year old Imran Kayani of Brampton and a 17 year old from Kitchener who cannot be named because of his age are in police custody facing multiple charges.
Those charges include the following:
1. Three counts of Robbery with a Firearm
2. Two counts of Disguise with intent
3. Point Firearm
4. Two counts of Threaten Death
5. Weapons Dangerous
6. Two counts of Conspiracy To Commit an Indictable Offence
7. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
8. Possession Of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
9. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
10. Careless Use of a Firearm- Transport
11. Two counts of Possession Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
12. Five counts of Possession Of Property obtained by Crime under
13. Two counts of Fail to Comply with Release Order
While Minister Blair lies in the House of Commons, the awful truth is nothing in Bill C-21 addresses these offenders.
Nothing in Bill C-21 will keep illegal guns out of the hands of violent criminals like Sharoze Raya, Ismael Isse, Imran Kayani and the unidentified 17-year-old from Kitchener.
Bill C-22 also removes mandatory minimum sentences for many of their crimes as well, including armed robbery with a firearm.
When the Liberal government claims they are getting tough on crime, what they really mean is they’re getting tough on federally-licenced RCMP-vetted legal firearm owners while utterly ignoring criminal violence with illegal firearms.
Lies, lies and more Liberal lies. Must be an election coming…