If COVID is the new god then Bonnie Henry is its High Priestess.
On Tuesday, December 8th, the High Priestess of COVID published the latest version of her bastardized commandments.
If the restrictions that follow make no sense to you, don’t worry your pretty little head over them. This doesn’t have to make sense. It’s government policy.
All Hail the High Priestess of COVID.
- Children may go to school and play but are forbidden from playing with friends in their own back yards after school.
- Children may play at the park with their friends, but are forbidden to have playdates at home with those same friends.
- Visiting your local park with friends as allowed, but indoor and outdoor social gatherings of any size are prohibited at your home.
- Alcoholics Anonymous and other 12-step programs can meet in church basements as they have for decades, but congregations are forbidden from attending worship services in those same buildings.
- You may go to work and meet with coworkers in the workplace but you may not invite a co-worker home for dinner after work.
- Walmart may conduct business as usual with 900 people inside their stores at once, but churches are forbidden from holding worship services for 50 people.
- Welcoming your child home from university is okay. This is not a social gathering. But visiting your child at university is forbidden.
- Unlike Manitoba, where drive-in events at church are banned because COVID jumps easily between closed vehicles with ease, West Coast’s COVID is far more limited, being unable to jump from vehicle to vehicle until 51 or more cars are gathered together.
- Restaurants, pubs and bars may remain open, but religious services are forbidden.
- Gyms and recreation facilities that offer individual workouts and personal training sessions can remain open but gyms and recreation centres that operate high intensity group fitness activities must close.
- All indoor and outdoor sports for people 19 years of age and older are suspended. All organized indoor and outdoor sports for people under 19 years of age are permitted.
- Masks are required in places of worship but worship services are forbidden.
You Must Comply (even when it makes no sense)
“During a public health emergency under the Public Health Act, the Public Health Officer can make orders as needed. You must follow the orders.”
Edicts issued by a Provincial Health Officer aka The High Priestess of COVID are backed by power and guns owned by the State. Should you refuse to obey you can be fined $230 per incident or be arrested and charged with a crime.
The Criminal Code is littered with sections to be used against non-compliant mere citizens. It doesn’t matter if charges are dropped later or continue to trial. Arresting officers won’t care what happens later, only that you are rendered “compliant” in the moment.
When Did The High Priestess of COVID Tear Up the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
It is doubtful any of the High Priestess of COVID’s edicts are lawful under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
It’s almost a certainty ordering churches to close is a violation of our Charter 2(a) right to freedom of conscience and religion.
Will non-compliant churches will be able to challenge the closure order on the grounds it violates the Charter? No, not until they are ticketed for violating the High Priestess’s unconstitutional edict.
Until then their hands are tied.
Tomorrow I’ll explain why this isn’t about public safety or mental health. If it were, the High Priestess of COVID would reverse her church closure order immediately.