This Thanksgiving, like pretty much everything this year, is unlike any other in living memory yet we still have a lot to be grateful for.
My personal gratitude list includes:
- My loving wife
- Her recovery from Stage 3C breast cancer
- An amazing Pastor who always has my back
- Good friends who are willing to help, no matter what
- My health
- a friend with colon cancer who continues to fight every single day, despite the doctor’ prognosis (or is it in spite that prognosis?)
- My family has a roof over their heads
- We have great food in our bellies this Thanksgiving
- The two best grandsons any man could ask for
- An amazing son and daughter-in law
- The ability to earn a living during the pandemic (unlike so many others I know)
- The warmth of a wood stove on a cold, rainy morning
- Costa Rican dark roast coffee
- Munchkin the Purr Machine
- Big Fat Black Cat aka Midnight Madness
- The Fire Pit and the time spent tending fire around it with my wife yesterday
- Royal Canadian Air Force Captain Willy Floyd, Ret’d, and his lovely wife Carol
- Baron von Stensrud
- the sound of rain falling on the tin roof
- A creekside Gazebo
- an internet connection on the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere which allows me to share these thoughts with you
It’s easy to get down when the world has lost its mind and, as far as any rational person can tell, the inmates are running the Asylum in Ottawa.
Which reminds me. I’m grateful for Pierre Poilievre. Without his tenacity, who knows how much more would remain hidden from the mere citizens of this country?
I’m grateful for every single person who gets out of bed in the morning and works to make their world a better place today than it was yesterday.
This Thanksgiving, what is it you’re grateful for?