Why do women own guns?
In light of all the controversy surrounding federally-licensed and RCMP-vetted gun ownership, I want to tell the stories of why women like hunting, sport shooting or the simple joy of sending some lead downrange.
Research shows women are the fastest growing segment of the firearms community, and I want to tell the story mainstream media ignores – specifically, the benefits women derive from owning and using firearms.
Interview questions would include:
- How were you introduced to the sport?
- Do you encourage other women to shoot and, if so, how? What works?
- Is target/sport shooting empowering? If so, in what ways?
- What’s your favourite firearm? Why?
- Are you part of an organized shooting discipline such as IDPA or IPSC?
- Do you prefer long range shooting? If so, what has this discipline taught you?
- what is your greatest success so far?
- If you have children, what do you do to ensure they stay safe? Do you teach them about gun safety, and if so, how do you do it?
- If you could say one thing to a woman who knows nothing about guns, what would you tell her?
- And anything else that comes to mind.
If you are willing to be interviewed for this series, please contact me via ChristopherDiArmani.org or via text at 604-334-2928.
Interviews would be done over the phone and take 15-20 minutes. No last names will be used.